HML (UK) LTD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Please read the policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns about our privacy practices. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
How to contact HML
Get in touch if you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint. You can contact us by email, phone or write to us at the address below.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Phone: 01656 457458
Write to us: 34 Pencoed Technology Centre, Pencoed Technology Park, Bridgend. CF35 5HZ.
Your Security and Data Collection
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The types of personal information we collect includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, company name, user names. This is how we collect this personal information:
- when a new member registers, purchases or uses our services
- when we set-up your account
- when you complete a contact form
- when you sign up to a newsletter
HML (UK) Ltd from time to time do collect data from third parties agency for the purpose of credit checking and direct marketing; these include Experian, Cashbacs, Stripe.
We do process sensitive personal data or financial information using a secure Bureau which uses SSL security encryption to safeguard this data and conforms to the Direct Debit and BACS.
How do we use personal information?
Here's how we use personal information -
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
Please note this list is not exhaustive so we will endeavour to keep it up to date.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do want the information to be used by HML (UK) Ltd for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us and we will remove you from our mailing list within 7 days.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission and are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR EU Directive. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We comply with the relevant processing conditions contained within the GDPR for processing personal data. Those that apply to our processing include the following:
• if you give consent verbally, by email confirmation, online chat or opt in to a HML form on our website(s). You can withdraw or manage your consent. Please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.
• if we have a contract to provide you with our services. We will process account data, send marketing reports and deal with support queries using the personal contact data we store.
• legitimate interests resulting from marketing enquiry or consenting referral.
• vital interests, public task and legal obligation do not currently apply to HML as a reason for processing personal data.
How do we secure personal data?
We use data security, technologies and procedures to protect personal information. These measures include:
• to protect data against accidental loss we have daily backups.
• to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure we use encrypted technology and SSL certificates.
• to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery we employ off site cloud backups.
• to restrict access to personal information we have secure logins.
• to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies we review our procedures and continually improve.
• to manage third party risks, through use of contracts and security reviews.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep specific information in relation to our customers and prospects for processing purposes. We will retain data and records for no longer than is reasonably necessary. For example if a customer leaves we will retain their details for a period up to 36 months. If the customer returns or renews a contract within 36 months we will check and verify the data to ensure it is up to date and compliant. Unless the customer or prospect request we store their data more than 36 months or if it is appropriate to do so, for example a 5 year contract cycle, we will keep personal data longer than 36 months.
We will securely dispose of data after we no longer need it. Paper data is shredded and disposed of in commercial waste. Digital records are hard deleted including archived files. Backups will be retained and effectively deleted on backup cycle 7 day weekly and Sunday monthly i.e. held for 1 month.
Your rights in relation to personal data
We respect the right of data subjects to access and control their personal data. You have the following rights to your personal data:
• access to your personal information
• correction and deletion
• withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
• data portability
• restriction of processing and objection
• lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Individuals can exercise their rights, by contacting HML by phone, email or writing to the address above. We plan to respond to subject data requests within 7 days.
We will need to invoke identity verifications procedures to ensure your personal data is protected and secure from 3rd party access. This will include some or all of the following: repondent contact number and verbal approval, email from repondent email address, a company letter headed paper reques.
There circumstances where data subject rights may be limited, eg if fulfilling the data subject request may expose personal data about another person, or if you’re asked to delete data which you are required to keep by law.